One of my March Favorites - the Summer Wristlet or Clutch

As I mentioned in February, gone are the days of the large, shapeless bags.  Something with a little more structure is the desirable style these days...and for those summer days when less is more the wristlet or clutch is the way to go.

Personally,  I love the looks of leather.  To me, I am always looking for the best, most functional, and beautiful bag vs. the style embellished in the brand's logo.   However, the great thing is that most brands make styles to fit your individual preference.  For example, I am in love with this Coach Kristin Large Leather Wristlet.   I find the champagne tone to be luxurious and a perfect compliment to almost any summer style, and the price is fairly affordable ($108) if you believe you'll be using it a lot.  However, as I mentioned it is also available in Coach's CC signature pattern if you do not prefer leather.

Coach Kristin Large Leather Wristlet, $108

Another clutch/wristlet style that is becoming more present in department stores and boutiques is the envelope clutch.  I happen to love this look, because it's simplicity in style allows for some boldness in color and material.  I tend to go for classic looks, so I adore this Tory Burch style from her latest collection.  It's a little pricier than some styles out there (at $275) but if you opt for the right color this style could be seasonless - still receiving compliments for it years on down the road.   

Tory Burch Robinson Envelope Wristlet, $275

Looking for something with a little more color?  Well, I love this Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Clutch.  The bright color (also available in black or nude) and the stud detail ensure that it will stand out.  I think it would look perfect with your LBD during a night on the town.  But at $360, you will want to be in love.  

Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Clutch, $360

Now obviously these have been some of the higher end options, so here are a few pieces for the girl on the budget.  

Simply Vera Vera Wang Crocodile Clutch, $23.40


Daisy Fuentes Turn-Lock Clutch, $21.60

Forever 21 Soft Leatherette Clutch,  $14.80


So there you go, 6 summer clutch options in a wide range of colors, prices, and styles for you to peruse through.  Just remember, if you decide to invest in a higher end brand, be sure to choose a style and color that is classic so that you will be able to use it several seasons from now.  And with any handbag purchase, be sure you are in love - no matter what the price!  If you don't love it in the store, you're going to like it even less at home.  However, I usually don't find many handbags I can't justify purchasing...and the affordability and versatility of clutches just helps with that even more!  

XOXO,
Allison




1 comment:

  1. I personally believe a wristlet is a must have item for any mommy. Ok, I know you are not there yet, but you will be one day.

    It is a great substitute for a wallet. I would put all my wallet junk, a lipstick, and a compact in a wristlet. That made it easy to throw in a diaper bag, and easy to grab out if I need to make a stop in the ladies room. Plus, if daddy headed off in one direction with the diaper bag I could grab my things out quickly.

    ReplyDelete