Lip Gloss that is Poppin' - Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color

First of all, I apologize for the Lil Mama reference.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about...not a big deal.  It has nothing to do with the actual review I'm about to complete...it's just getting harder to come up with witty titles!  Haha.

Any who, back to my review.  In my job, I don't have a lot of time to primp throughout the day.  Therefore, my lip can not take more than one step.  I can't reapply lip liner, then a lipstick, then a lip gloss - it's just not efficient for most working women.  However, if you use just one of the above it seems like you don't get the long-lasting look that you are looking for.  When I use just a lipstick I think that my lips look dry over time; and when I just use a lip gloss, as soon as I drink a glass of water or eat lunch the look has vanished.  Recently, I shared these frustrations with the girl at the Bobbi Brown counter and she immediately steered me towards the Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color.  I mentioned to her that I normally go for a more subtle, natural look and she chose a lip color for me (rose petal) and told me to try it.

I was a little surprised at first, because at first glance it looks like a cream-based blush or just a lip balm.  In my mind I had already prepared to say, "No, that's not what I'm looking for."  However, I was surprised with the end result.  With just a little bit of a product I was able to achieve the look of a gloss and the longevity of a lipstick.  In fact, I was most surprised that it was still in the same condition when I arrived home about two hours later.

The product has shea butter, so it moisturizes while providing more color than just your regular lip balm. It's a little pricy for some women at first glance, but when you realize it's a one stop shop, $22 is definitely worth it.



If you have a Bobbi Brown counter near you, I suggest going there first.  That way, you can view all of the shades.  Sephora carries the line as well, but only certain colors are available in stores.  Most of the colors are neutrals and pinks to bring out the natural color of a woman's lips.  Personally, I think it enhances the lip without looking fake.  It comes in 14 different shades - so you are sure to find one that you love!  

So say goodbye to slimy, fake looking lip glosses and dry, cracked lipsticks and try the creamy lip color. Your lips will look amazing all day and everyone will want to know your secret!  Of course, it's up to you if you want to share!  

XOXO,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment