A March Favorite - Airy Blouses

It's our last week of March -  and as most of us start to feel a hint of spring and summer temperatures in the forecast it's time to put away the sweaters and bring out the blouses.

Blouses are great looks for women of any size and shape.  They have this ability to make any outfit feminine and delicate and the fabrics are usually so soft that they are comfortable as well.  I am so excited about this trend because blouses have long been my go-to top for work - it's the perfect weight...not too heavy and not too light.

This season blouses are appearing in neutral and pale shades with intricate detailing to add a touch of pizazz to the classic cut.  I have been drooling for months over the spring blouse selection at net-a-porter.com.  One of my favorites is this Theory top.  I love the simplicity and the versatility.  In my head I have already pictured pairing it with my black pencil skirt, my black fitted pants, and my favorite pair of jeans.  However, as gorgeous as it is, I find the $255 price tag a bit steep.


That's why I was super excited to find this Banana Republic top.  It offers the same sophistication for about 1/3 of the price!  Right now it is on sale online for $75.99!  A great price for such a classic look.  

br813593-00vliv01.jpg

I've also been a big fan of the bow top.  Some women hate them, but if they are done right they make a top look so sophisticated.  It can make a less fitted top look very high fashion if done correctly.  I've been eyeing this 3.1 Phillip Lim top for a few months now.  I love the details, but again...not a big fan of the $375 price tag.  


Well, I stumbled across this top from Ann Taylor and LOVED it!  The fit is exceptional and the quality is similar to higher end designers.  And for $68, it's another classic top that doesn't break the bank...and is worth every penny!  


And lastly, there is the uber sophisticated sleeveless blouse - great for a night on the town, under your favorite jacket or cardigan, or to pair with jeans on the weekends.  I am a huge fan of these because I love how much versatility they offer - I don't want a separate wardrobe for each occasion - I want to be able to mix and match existing items in my closet to create a new look.  


I really like the androgynous look of this Malene Birger top.  The tuxedo/necktie illusion is very big right now.  I like the hint of masculinity without having to wear  the women's suit.  I'm not going to lie, I think Ellen Degeneres is the ONLY woman who can pull that off!    Therefore, something basic like this will look exceptional with a skirt or fitted black pants.  If I was super skinny, I would totally go for the black riding pants with heels to dress it up or riding boots to go more casual!  Some of you ladies need to do that!  Any who, the top above is $320 - no way Jose!  


This great look from (you guessed it) Ann Taylor is only $88.  And the great thing about Ann Taylor is that they are always having promotions in store and online...so I would be surprised if you paid that much!  

So there you have it, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get the runway looks - you just have to know where to go!  Blouses are such great pieces for any wardrobe - and if you're like me you can never have too many.  


XOXO, Allison







No comments:

Post a Comment