Dressing up Your Ponytail

Well, now that I have felt a hint of heat moving down south I remember how easily I sweat.  Ugh!  Don't you hate when you've just taken a shower and all of the sudden your make-up is dripping off?  I know I do.  The worst part is the hair around your neck, it seems to get damp and your hair just never looks the same.  Therefore, I find myself throwing my hair in a ponytail a lot and I hate that!

Thankfully, a few brands and a few people I know are trying to solve that issue by creating some great hairpieces that you can wear every day to work, the gym, or out on the town.  It's the easiest way to take your casual look up a notch.

One of my favorite go-to looks to dress up a pony tail is the headband.  There are the traditional ones that are already shaped that you just place on top of your heads, and there are also the newer elastic styles that can come plain or adorned with a flower or jewel.  One of my good friends, and former photographer, Jessica Limeberry has started a business with her cousin Claire called the girls in grey.  They have been adorning the elastic style with cute little flowers made of different fabrics for different looks.




I recently purchased this look and I love it.  Like their facebook page and you will receive information on great deals.  I got mine during a big sale for $9.  The normal price - only $11!  A great price for a fun look. Check them out at www.thegirlsingrey.com for their fun and innovative ideas on decorating, fashion, and crafting.

Looking for something with more structure?  I love the looks below.  They will add a little pizazz to any outfit.

L. Erickson Coco Bow Headband, $28


Tasha Small Chain Head Wrap, $24

Cara Accessories Prepster Stripe Bow Headband, $28

The Loft by Ann Taylor Beaded Flower Headband, $18.50

The Loft by Ann Taylor Gem Headband, $14.99



And, if you are looking for something a little more subtle I adore the pony tail holders with decoration or barettes that you can add for a little style to your pony.  

the Loft by Ann Taylor Oval Ponytail Holder, $8.50

the Loft by Ann Taylor Tortoise Shell Barette, $8.50

So there you have it - several ways to amp up your look.  And if you just don't feel comfortable adorning your pony, try a little curl to add fullness.  Or if you are fortunate enough to not sweat - wear you hair down.  I'm very jealous!  

XOXO, Allison


1 comment:

  1. I have a jeweled headband from NY & Company that I LOVE and wear all the time... with anything from a cute hoodie to a going out outfit. A must have for this ponytail loving girl!

    ReplyDelete