Shopbop - A Personal Shopper without the Hassle or Price Tag

As you may have guessed, I "surf" the internet quite often.  Whether it's to prove to my husband that the girl on the Olive Garden commercial is the oldest girl on the sitcom Modern Family, checking the upcoming U.S. tour dates of one of my favorite artists, or adding some photos to facebook...I'm always on it via phone, computer, or any means possible!  However, most often I am on the internet perusing my favorite stores.  Most of these sites also have physical stores - Sephora, Nordstrom, Gap, etc.  But one of my favorite online sites does not have a physical store...and for my wallet that is probably a good thing!

This site is called www.shopbop.com.  Like most online stores it features a variety of clothes, accessories, and shoes from the latest brands from classics like Tory Burch, Citizens of Humanity, and Theory as well as up and coming designers like Nicole Richie's Winter Kate line.

When you first venture to the site it can be overwhelming!  There are so many designers and you may not know where to start.  However, I venture to the site every week for one thing and one thing only - the lookbook!  Now I have to admit that sometimes they style a model in a way that is too out there for me, but in many cases I love how they choose recent trends to help a woman ensure that she is choosing the right denim for her figure, or finding a cardigan that can be paired with jeans or a summer dress.  It also has a look for every girl - casual, dressy, high fashion or low key.

The variety on shopbop is like taking your favorite department store section and making it five times bigger!  Once you familiarize yourself with the site you'll want to check out the latest designers or see what's new from your favorites.  It's easy to navigate and offers items in a large price range.  If you want to spend less than $100 on a dress, just perform an advanced search with that criteria.  Looking for something green?  No problem!

The other reason I love shopbop?  I don't feel like I'm on a store's website...there's something more...personal about it.  Almost as if I'm looking at a high fashion magazine like Elle and Vogue.  Obviously the site's purpose is to sell you fashionable items, but it also shows you the latest trends in an editiorial fashion - without a subscription or monthly fee - it's all for Free!  My favorite right now?  The seasonless investment pieces; 7 items you can wear all year round in a variety of ways!




So the next time you're looking for a new top don't just venture to the nearest mall!  And if you're bored try a new spin on online shopping - it's worth checking out.  And with free shipping and returns on any order total you won't feel as guilty when you find that new pair of heels you can't live without.  I know I don't...any way to justify a great pair of shoes!


XOXO,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment