A Beauty Club? Count me in!

Okay, first of all I would like to start out today by saying thank you to everyone out there who has been providing such positive feedback!  I was a little nervous about starting this blog, and it's nice to feel like the only people reading it are not just my husband, family, and good friends.

With that being said, let's move on to the good stuff.  One of the best things about this blog is all of the information I learn from my friends and today's topic is a perfect example of that.  A good friend (and obviously viewer of the blog) let me in on a little secret that she found in a magazine recently - a beauty club.  Now if you'll remember correctly about a week ago I talked about how important samples are to beauty sales.  I mean, unless I hear from a close friend that I have to try a product or read several reviews online I am not so willing to shell out a great deal of money for a product I don't have total confidence in. Well, some genius (seriously, I am very jealous that I did not think of this first) thought of a way to ensure that you are trying the latest and greatest and it's called Birchbox.

From perusing the site (and preparing to set up) I am most excited about several things.  For one, if you are commitment phobic, you can cancel whenever...but if you like you can join for a year and get a month free, a $10 coupon (which equals 100 birchbox points), and if you decide you don't like it you can cancel the membership and use the money you have left over to buy full size products that you enjoy.  Not good enough?  Well every month you will receive 4-5 luxe samples...meaning that you will actually be able to use it more than once!  Now I love Sephora and I adore the free samples...but the deluxe samples are where it's at!  I mean, do you really learn enough about a product after one use?  I think not!  Now as you continue your membership and purchase products you make birchbox points....which translates into discounts off products!  Almost no retailers do that...they might throw you a bone and give you free shipping...but you rarely get discounts!  Are you a good networker?  Well then tell your friends and rack up extra points for every referral you see!  The possibilities are endless!

One of the aspects I love about birchbox is the brand diversity.  There are brands that we're all familiar with like Benefit, Nars, Stila, and Laura Mercier, but there are also up and coming brands that you will get to try before they are in some major department stores!  I don't know about you, but I love to find new and unique products I love (obviously)!

Still not convinced?  Well...how about personalized tips from celebrity make-up artists?  This is a great way for you to learn how to use the tools you already have without leaving your home.  When you go to the department store and want to know how to make the smokey eye you leave the make-up counter having spent $100.  This is an opportunity to learn the tricks of the trade without leaving home - from people who have lots of experience and success in the field.

I know I'm excited...and I can't wait to try my first Birchbox.  It will be like Christmas every month at my house - with new surprises all the time!  I have a feeling that the UPS man and I are going to become very close!  Check it out - www.birchbox.com


XOXO,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment