Fashionable Finds at a Fraction of the Price - Online "Outlets"

The newest trend in "discounted" fashion has come from several sites that offer a variety of high end designer products at a more reasonable price.  Depending on the site, products could range from Puma athletic wear, to Kate Spade purses, to Kitchen Aid kitchen appliances.  Some of these businesses even offer deals on weekend getaways and furniture.

Over the past year, this trend has taken over the internet and every day it seems that there is a new discount outlet site available.  Most of these sites work the same way - every day they release a new sale that has several online "boutiques" from different designers.  The sales are normally only available for a short period of time, usually 24-48 hours.  As a member, you are able to purchase any of those items as long as they are still available (depending on the product some items sell out very quickly).  You do not possess the item until you have paid in full, and you get a confirmation.  Sometimes you'll find that pair of shoes that you loved in the store but never got around to buying them for 50% off - what a deal!  Most sites release their new daily offers around lunch time for us eastern standard time individuals...I normally get a swarm of e-mails from 11am-12pm.

Some of these sites are better and offer more of a selection than others.  My three favorites are: Rue La La, Beyond the Rack, and Gilt.  I've purchased something from each of these sites and have been pleasantly surprised with the product.  From Rue La La I purchased my living room rugs - retailed at $1000/piece for only $150/each.  From Beyond the Rack I purchased my husband's Burberry cologne for $49 instead of $95 in stores.  And at Gilt I purchased some DVF flats for $99 when retail was $300.  Every time I received the items in a reasonable amount of time, well packaged, and the brand or quality that they assured me it would be.

So far these sites are getting rave reviews - and if you haven't joined yet do so now!  Below is a list of some sites that I belong too.  I haven't used them all, but I try to watch out for some of my favorite brands and what they offer.  Most of these sites require a referral or tell you that they have to review your application, but more than likely you will get an e-mail a few hours later telling you that they have approved your membership.  These groups desire to appear exclusive even though in most cases everyone is welcome.  If for some reason that doesn't work, let me know and I will send you a referral!



Those are the main ones that I check out on a regular basis.  I'm sure that there are others out there, and make sure if you know of one - you share with everyone!  After all, we all could use a great deal in our lives!


XOXO,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment