About Me

I was always fashion forward growing up.  For some reason, I just always wanted to be different than my friends and I tried to exemplify that through fashion.

When I graduated from Rose-Hulman in 2008 with my bachelors in Biomedical Engineering I entered the work force and was immediately immersed into the corporate culture that exists at so many companies.  My mind began to bulge with all of the standards, regulations, and processes that I had to follow on a day to day basis.  I realized that I had lost some of my creative edge, and wanted to find something that allowed me to express my passion - fashion and beauty!

This started out as something fun to do in my spare time, and has grown to become part of my daily routine.  Now it is my job to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest in fashion and beauty - and I take it very seriously.

In my spare time I enjoy hanging out with my husband Grant, my two dogs Rufus and Snickers, and visiting my friends and family.  I have a long bucket list of places I would like to visit and things I would like to do so we're trying to mark some of those off before we settle down into old married life!

Additionally, my dream is to work for a shoe line who aims to be fashion forward, functional, and ergonomic.  After some experience in the shoe world I would love to start my own shoe line doing just that - allowing the working woman to look and feel great - without being in pain at the end of the day!

If you have any suggestions or want to know more about me or anything that I post please feel free to contact me at info.thenerdyfashionista@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting!

XOXO, Allison