Shoe Dazzle - Now you can be trendy and savvy!

Don't you hate when you find a pair of fabulous shoes that you love, but you know you won't get a lot of use out of?  I always love the bright colored pumps or the sky high wedges, but I know that in my line of work (I wore steel toed shoes 75% of the time in my last job) that I won't have much use for them.  In the cafeteria I would always envy the sales reps who were able to wear there heels at work and look oh so fabulous as I meandered through the sandwich line in my tennis shoes or flats.  It just didn't seem fair!

When I go to the mall the only time I would splurge on a pair of shoes was if it was something classic and comfortable.  I have so many pairs of Cole Haan, Tory Burch, and Vera Wang ballet flats.  I always tend to go for neutrals or blacks and browns...a pair I know that I will get a lot of use on.  If I am going to spend money on a glittery flat or a fantastic heel it better be on sale and I better have an idea of something in my closet that I can wear it with.  I've just fallen into the "salesperson" trap too many times.  You know, when you have doubts but the salesperson convinces you that you can't live without that shoe?  Well, let me tell you...as pretty as it may look on my foot, it ends up in my closet many more times than on my feet.  And, when I finally decide to wear them, I want to get out of them the minute I'm back in the car or on the dance floor.  Seriously, it's hard to justify spending a lot of money on something I won't get a lot of use out of!

That's why I was really happy to find out about Shoe Dazzle.  It's an online club with shoes that are all $39.99/pair.  I initially was turned off to the membership fee - $39.99/month.  For this fee they promise to give you a monthly showroom filled with shoe styles that fit your style profile based off of a set of questions that you ask while signing up.  However, when I realized that the $39.99 is a credit that allows you to buy one pair of shoes a month and you can skip months or cancel at any time - I was ready to give it a try.

Since joining in September 2010, I've purchased 5 pairs of shoes - 2 pairs of heels and 3 pairs of flats.  The flats are a bit louder than styles that I would normally choose in store, but they go great with jeans and dress pants and for $39.99 I don't feel as guilty if I only wear them 1-2 times a month.  The heels that I purchased came in bold styles that I would normally never buy, but that I thought would be great for a night on the town.  If you're comfortable in heels, these are great for you.  However, if you're more of a flats/low heel girl or need something with more support I would not recommend the heels to you.  They are cute and have unique styles, but they are definitely not high quality and are very painful after only half an hour or so.

There are definitely periods when I am not impressed with my showroom and decide to skip a month or request more styles.  Even though it's only $39.99, if you there isn't something you want there is no use getting charged for the month.  However, if you forget to skip (this has to be done by the 6th of each month) your account is credited and you can use this amount towards future purchases.



I'm not going to lie to you, Shoe Dazzle isn't for everyone.  However, if you don't have a lot of difficulty with shoe sizing and you want something unique and flashy to spice up your shoe collection it is definitely worth looking into.  And with a celebrity spokesperson like Kim Kardashian and plenty of experienced fashion stylists contributing to new styles...it certainly provides plenty of options for almost any girl!  So the next time you are looking for something special to match that pink dress you've been dying to wear...check out Shoe Dazzle.  You'll look fabulous and you won't feel guilty when you don't wear them every day...and unlike some other inexpensive options like Payless and Target...not everyone on your block will have them!

 XOXO,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment