Real Life Fashionista Spotlight on Ashley Downey

Ashley Downey is to truly an inspiration - the mom (with number 2 on the way) is a great example of how you don't have to lose your fashion edge just because you have kids.  She still finds time to look fabulous and trendy even with a full time job as an Engineer, a budding business (EK designs), an active toddler, and baby on the way.

Ashley, Miss Evelyn, and Danny


We talked to Ashley to find out how she does it and what advice she has for other mommy fashionistas.

NF: What's your favorite piece of clothing or go to outfit?
AD: Going out? What is going out? Kidding! But with a toddler and one on
the way going out doesn’t happen much. Besides the fact that going out
is no longer in my game plan I can long for those outfits I use to
wear…

A must for me is Hudson Jeans. These jeans look
a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y amazing on all body types. I will usually pair my
jeans with a cute halter from Sky. If I am feeling more “hippie”
(which is usually the case) I will dress more low key. I will still
incorporate my Hudson jeans with my “hippie” outfit and I will pair
them with a simple comfy tee (james perse) and have a very dramatic
necklace and bracelet.

I get my fun jewelry from a local boutique
called Yaprak. She hand makes all of her jewelry. One time I walked in
and she matched my outfit on the spot. She pulled other necklaces
apart to make the perfect statement for my outfit. On days I’m not
feeling a simple tee, I will usually wear a fun custom design from
Yaprak. Can you tell that I love her boutique?!

NF: Where do you buy most of your clothes?
AD: Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Yaprak, even Target

NF: What do you look for in clothes, accessories, etc? 
AD: I tend to go towards items that are comfy. I usually make a statement
with a necklace and a purse. In the clothing department I am pretty
basic and love the designs at Anthropologie. Oh, and opposite to most
girls…I do not like heels. I’m already 5’9” so I don’t think I need
those extra inches. I do love my ballet flats and coach tennis shoes!

NF: How would you describe your personal style? 
AD: Comfortable and on-the-go.  I tend to pair neutrals and have a more bohemian style.  

NF: What's your favorite trend right now? 
AD: I love those hippie long skirts.  I'm so glad they came back!  I use to always wear them in high school.  

NF: Who is your fashion inspiration?
AD: Pattie Boyd - Oh how I love the 60s!  


Miss Pattie Boyd 



Thanks, Ashley!  We admire that you haven't given into the temptation of mom jeans, sweatshirts, and sweater vests!  

XOXO, Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment