The Chunky Heel - It's Come Back

Don't you remember when the thought about heels was the thicker the better?  Well...it looks like we may be heading back in that direction.  This season designers are emerging with chunky heeled sandals, pumps, and boots - who would have thought?

When choosing a chunky heel, look at the height.  The higher the heel of this style, the more casual it's going to be - but that can also be fun!  For example, check out this 5" knock out from Tory Burch.  They just make me want to throw on some bellbottoms and a crocheted top and hit the town!

Tory Burch Tatum, $350

If you are looking for something a bit more delicate, go for a lower heel.  I've had my eye on these Louboutins for awhile.  I don't like the price, but I like the concept.  The cutouts and shape of the shoe modernize it, but the colors allow it to be a more classic style that will be around for years.  

Christian Louboutin Creve Couer Cutout Pumps, $695

Now don't get rid of your stilettos just yet...who knows long the chunky heel will be here to say.  As long as they don't come back with the heeled jelly I'll be okay!  

Yuck - I can't believe I WANTED these!


XOXO, Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment